Burnout: how to survive in IT being a workaholic
IT analysis is considered one of the areas where people get burned out often and lose their jobs.
Why is it happening? My offer is - to figure it out together.
You see: one day, you are a top-level IT professional, the other day - you are a burned-out person who hates everything. Typically, it ends with a heavy downshift, with you working in a coffee van.
Suppose right now you think it shouldn't concern you: "I work a lot, and everything is alright".
The thing is - no matter if you face burnout or not. I truly believe that everyone should know how burnout can be detected and adequately addressed. A moment missed - and you're that person in a coffee van.
So, I'd like to focus on the following topics:
1. the burnout - what it is;
2. what the burnout stages are;
3. why burnout may be so dangerous;
4. what kind of IT analyst work most likely will get you burned out;
5. last but not least - what you should do.